The river was at 3.9 at the beginning of the week and at the end of the week we had 3.6 with 9,500CF of flow and 66 degrees.
1. Trip #1 – Guide Scouting Trip – This was on Monday and we fished from 9:30 to 3:00 PM and we caught 24 Bass. The largest was 19.5” and we caught them on Zell Pops and Spinnerbaits. The river stage was 3.6 – 10,100CF – Clear – Steady and 70 degrees. We had a BP of 30.00 and steady.
2. Trip #2 – Guide Trip – This was on Tuesday and we fished from 4:00 to 8:00 PM and we caught 9 Channel Cat and 1 Flathead. The largest Channel was 23.5” and the Flathead was 7.04#. We caught them on Catfish Gold and the Flathead was caught on Live Bait. The river stage was 3.6 – 9,200CF – Stained – Falling and 67 degrees. We had a BP of 30.00 and falling.
3. Trip #3 – Guide Scouting Trip – This was on Tuesday evening and we fished from 3:00 to 7:00 PM and we caught 30 Bass and 5 Walleye. The largest Bass was 19.5” and the largest Walleye was 19”. All of the Walleye were legal size. We caught them on Stickbaits, Jigs and Top Water. We had 3.6 – 9,200CF – Stained – Falling and 67 degrees. We had a BP of 30.00 and falling.
4. Trip #4 – Guide Trip – This was a Thursday PM half day trip and we caught 1 Channel Cat and 2 Flatheads. The largest Channel Cat was 21” and the largest Flathead was 16.11#. We caught them on Catfish Gold and live bait. We had 3.5 – Steady – 8,100CF – Clear and 68 degrees. We had a BP of 30.00 and steady.
5. Trip #5 – Guide Trip – This was a Friday PM Trip and we caught 7 Flatheads and 2 Channel Cats. The largest Flathead was 32# and 41.5” long. We caught them all on live bait. We had 3.5 – Steady – 7,900CF – Stained and 67 degrees.
6. Trip #6 – Guide Trip – This was a Saturday AM Trip and we caught 6 Flatheads and 6 Channel Cats. The largest Flathead was 15.20# and the largest Channel Cat was 24”. We caught all the Flatheads on live bait plus two of the Channel Cats. The other 4 Channel Cats were caught on Catfish Gold. We had 3.6 – Rising – 9,500 CF – Clear and 68 degrees. We had a BP of 29.85 and falling. We had a wind out of the north.
7. The Catfish Gold continues to be our best bait for Channel Cats. A large Channel Cat on this bait is about 24” but we use smaller rods when we go for these so it is still a great battle. The cost is $6.95 per container and I have it is stock. On a half day trip one container usually last the entire trip when we are fishing 4 rods but it depends on how many bites you are getting and how fast the current is that you are fishing.
8. The cooler temperatures should soon get the larger Flatheads active as well as make the bass fishing more consistent.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK AND LUV THE TUG………REB