Friday, September 18, 2009

A Windy Morning on Lake Chillisquaque


This morning I tried Lake Chillisquaque for a couple hours. I was the only boat on the water when I launched, but the fish were not cooperating. I finally worked my way back up into the upper cove, and landed one decent sized largemouth on a deep-diving crankbait. The wind started picking up around noon, so I headed in. When I left there were a couple people fishing on the pier, but I didn't see them catch anything.

The lake, located in Washingtonville, has a lot of potential. The visitor center's displays also are helpful to understand the species in the impoundment. PPL, who owns the preserve, even has a contour map listing depths, that are at all the info signs. I have heard good stories about this lake from its regular anglers (That is, if they are "true" stories.).
Here is some info from PPL: